Raisin-studded hot cross buns. Paint-it-yourself polka-dotted eggs. And an epic hunt in gardens across the globe. It can only be… Easter! And whether you celebrate it with endless chunks of chocolate or spending your time singing hymns in your local church, Easter is definitely a landmark date on the annual calendar and – you guessed it – fodder for the perfect quiz! With that in mind, we’ve done the job for you, by delivering 100 Easter pub quiz questions and answers!
Gather round your friends, family or perhaps your co-workers for an epic Easter quiz that is sure to overshadow any egg-hunting planned for the day. Its time have a hoppin’ good time…
True or False Easter Quiz Questions and Answers
Let’s get this Easter trivia dash off to an easy start. Yup, it’s the round where you have a 50/50 chance of getting the answers right; it’s a round of ten easter-themed true or false questions!
1. In New Zealand, Easter is always celebrated on the first Sunday in April.
2. In the Pacific Coast Canadian Provinces of British Columbia and Yukon, Easter is called Wester.
3. The earliest Easter can fall is March 22nd.
4. The word “Easter” appears three times in the Old Testament.
5. The first documented mention of the Easter Bunny dates from 1632.
6. The practice of decorating eggs dates back 60,000 years.
7. Easter Island is part of Chile.
8. The latest Easter Sunday can fall is April 25th.
9. In Ghana, because chocolate melts in the heat, Easter eggs are normally made of sweetened, deep fried rice.
10. In Spanish Easter parades it is traditional to dress in tall, white pointed hats that completely cover the face except for two eye holes.
Need your next quiz? 100 easy general knowledge quiz questions and answers
Main Ingredients Quiz Answers
Interesting Fact? Fragments of decorated ostrich eggs have been discovered in the Richtersveld coastal desert in South Africa. It is thought that early man also used ostrich egg shells as water carriers.
Easter Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
While we might distract ourselves at Easter with tales of chocolate towers and beautiful bonnets, at the heart of it all is really a Christian festival that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. So in this second round, go back to the religious roots of the holiday with 10 Easter questions related to the Bible.
1. Which Roman governor of Judea ordered the death of Jesus?
2. How much was Judas paid to betray Jesus?
3. What role did Simon of Cyrene play in the Easter story?
4. Where was Jesus crucified? The name means ‘place of the skull’.
5. In which garden at the foot of the Mount of Olives was Jesus arrested?
6. Which prisoner was released instead of Jesus?
7. What is the English translation of the words “Eli, Eli, lama sabacthani”, spoken on the cross by Jesus?
8. What was written on Jesus’ cross?
9. Who was the first person to see Jesus after the Resurrection?
10. Which apostle was absent when Jesus appeared to the group and doubted the Resurrection?
Read next: Full arts and literature quiz
Easter Bible Trivia Answers
- Pontius Pilate
- 30 pieces of silver
- He was forced to carry Jesus’ cross
- My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?
- King of the Jews
- Mary Magdalene
Interesting Fact: Pontius Pilate was responsible for this inscription. When he was petitioned by Jesus’ accusers to change it to “this man said he was King of the Jews” he responded “What I have written, I have written”.
More Easter Bible Quiz Questions
And if those ten trivia headscratchers weren’t enough, we’ve got – you guessed it – another round taken straight from the books of the Bible. Let’s see how your contestants do with ten more questions, mainly lifted from the New Testament.
1. How is the Sunday before Easter known? It celebrates Jesus entering Jerusalem on a donkey.
2. How did Judas indicate Jesus to the Roman soldiers?
3. Which Jewish feast was being celebrated in the week of the crucifixion?
4. According to John’s gospel, which disciple cut off the high priest’s servant’s ear in an attempt to prevent Jesus’ arrest?
5. What position, previously held by Annas, did Caiaphas occupy during the Easter story?
6. According to Mark’s gospel, what crime had the two men crucified with Jesus committed?
7. According to John’s gospel, for what did the soldiers cast lots?
8. After Jesus died, for how long did darkness descend?
9. The resurrected Jesus appeared to Cleopas and an unnamed disciple on the road to where?
10. How many days did Jesus remain on Earth after the Resurrection?
Recommended Reading: History trivia questions and answers
More Easter Bible Quiz Answers
- Palm Sunday
- He kissed him
- High Priest
- Jesus’ clothing
- Three hours
Chocolate Quiz Questions and Answers
The tradition of gorging yourself on chocolate dates all the way back to early Christianity, where the ‘egg’ was considered a symbol of Christ’s resurrection. Of course, nowadays, chocolate takes a bit of a starting role in celebrations; whether that’s a bag of mini-eggs or a gigantic Cadburys creation. With that in mind, here are ten questions about the cocoa at the centre of it all.
1. Produced by Tosca in Italy, the largest chocolate what measured 10.39 metres in height according the Guinness Book of Records?
2. From the language of which people does the word chocolate (xocolātl) derive?
3. The Western part of which continent produces around two thirds of the world’s cocoa?
4. Which Italian chocolate and hazelnut spread is made by Ferrero?
5. Milk chocolate was invented in 1874 in which country?
6. What type of ‘chocolate’ contains cocoa butter but not cocoa beans?
7. What effect does theobromine, a chemical found in chocolate, have on dogs?
8. Which Belgian chocolate manufacturer is famous for its seashell-shaped praline chocolates?
9. How is the process of heating and cooling chocolate to form stable crystals that will make it glossy and solid at room temperature known?
10. Which European country eats the most chocolate per capita in the world?
Want more food-inspired trivia? Check out our food and drinks quiz questions guide
Chocolate Quiz Answers
- Chocolate Easter Egg
- White chocolate
- It is poisonous to them
Fascinating fact: Côte d’Ivoire is by far the biggest cocoa producer in the world, supplying over 2 million tons per year. Nearby Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria are also major producers and elsewhere, Indonesia, Brazil, Ecuador and Peru.
Bunnies Quiz Questions
From chocolate-laced reveling to rabbits, the ‘bunny’ is definitely the symbol of Easter. A folkloric figure, the Easter Rabbit is supposed to carry candy-coloured eggs in his basket and, in the case of the original German Lutheran bunny, judge whether children were well- or badly-behaved. While this round isn’t solely dedicated to the Easter Hare it IS all about bunnies; a very hoppy round for sure!
1. What colour rabbit does Alice meet when she arrives in Wonderland?
2. Hazel, Fiver, Bigwig and Blackberry are four of the bunnies seeking a new home in which Richard Adams story?
3. Whose father was caught and put in a pie by Mr & Mrs McGregor?
4. Whose daemon is Hester the hare in His Dark Materials?
5. Specifically, what colour are the hares in the children’s story Guess How Much I Love You?
6. Which troubled teenager is haunted by visions of the nefarious, rabbit-costumed Frank in a 2001 cult movie?
7. Which famous character made his debut in the 1940 film A Wild Hare?
8. Often describes as one of the best sex symbols in animation, which character delivered the line “I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way”?
9. What is the name of the rabbit who befriends Bambi?
10. Who is the bunny protagonist of a 1922 classic children’s novel written by Margery Williams?
Read next: Best animal quiz questions and answers
Bunnies Quiz Answers
- Watership Down
- Peter Rabbit
- Lee Scoresby
- Donnie Darko
- Bugs Bunny
- Jessica Rabbit
- The Velveteen Rabbit
Easter Eggs Quiz Questions and Answers 🍫
Now for something a little different to kick off the second half of this ultimate Easter quiz. Yup, it’s actually a general knowledge round thrown in for good measure. But, to make it seem Easter-themed, we’ve included all the answers as an Easter anagram….
1. Which E is a sex hormone that causes maturation of the sperm in men and breast development in women?
2. Which A is a sports car manufacturer produced the DB5 and the V8 Vantage?
3. Which S is another name for the breastbone?
4. Which T is a eusocial insect that makes its nests from faeces and is sometimes called a white ant, even though it is more closely related to a cockroach?
5. Which E is an East African country with its capital at Asmara?
6. Which R is the name of a sporting event consisting of a series of boat or yacht races?
7. Which E was a famous Hungarian food critic who published restaurant guides in the 1950s and 1960s?
8. Which G was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin?
9. Which G was a composer famous for composing The Planets?
10. Which S is another name for the starfish?
Loved the Easter Egg round? Find more fun in our fun quiz questions and answers
Easter Eggs Quiz Answers
- Estrogen (also spelt Oestrogen)
- Aston Martin
- Egon Ronay
- Gustav Holst
- Sea Star
Easter Eggs Trivia Questions
While the previous round spelled Easter Eggs, this one is actually all about them! Well, about eggs that is. It’s really a brain ‘scrambler’ of a round, looking at everything from egg-shaped apps to some more shell-shocked (sorry, the puns keep coming) questions about cooking them.
1. Which British chocolate egg is only supposed to be sold between December and Easter? 500 million are produced each year.
2. How is a hollowed out hard-boiled egg that is then refilled with a mixture made of the yolk and other ingredients such as mayonnaise and mustard known?
3. If you order eggs “revueltos” how have they been cooked?
4. Which vegetable is part of Eggs Florentine?
5. If you add a fried or poached egg to a Croque Monsieur sandwich, what does it become?
6. Which St Petersburg jewelry house is famous for its valuable designer eggs?
7. What is the Japanese word for ‘loveable egg’ that gave its name to a toy craze?
8. What type of bird lays the smallest eggs? It is also the smallest bird
9. Nits are the eggs of which creature?
10. According to the joke, why does a French person never eat a second egg?
Even more food trivia needed? Here is another food trivia rundown
Easter Eggs Trivia Answers
- Cadbury’s Creme Egg
- Devilled Egg
- A Croque Madame
- Hummingbird (The bee hummingbird)
- Because one egg is un oeuf (enough)
No way! Bee hummingbirds are around 2.5cm long and lay eggs which are 0.7cm. Relative to their size, this is actually one of the largest eggs. Conversely, Ostrich eggs are the largest in size but some of the smallest in terms of relative size to the bird.
Easter Music Quiz Questions and Answers
Now we’ll be honest. Beyond Christian hymns, you won’t often find a whole host of chart-topping tracks dedicated to tunes about Easter. But, in this singsong round we look at musical questions where the answers definitely have something in common with the Easter story itself.
1. Recorded in 1989 but not released as a single until 1992, which Stone Roses track ends with a 4 minute outro?
2. Which band, formed by Errol Brown and Tony Wilson, had their biggest hit with “You Sexy Thing”?
3. What was the Eastery title of a 1973 single by Mott the Hoople?
4. In the Beatles song, what is the line before “I am the Walrus”?
5. Rod Stewart had a worldwide hit in 1981 with which track?
6. Appearing on the album “Ten”, what was Pearl Jam’s debut single?
7. Which song by Soul II Soul featuring Carol Wheeler reached number 1 in the UK and number 4 in the USA in 1989?
8. Which one word song title has been a hit for Herb Alpert, Gabrielle and Katy Perry?
9. Which Andrew Lloyd Webber rock opera made its Broadway debut in 1971?
10. Which animal was the title of a 1980 song by Chas & Dave?
We think you’d like: Music trivia questions
Easter Music Quiz Answers
- I am the Resurrection
- Hot Chocolate
- Roll Away the Stone
- I am the egg man, they are the egg men
- Back to Life (However do you want me?)
- Jesus Christ Superstar
Easter Film & TV Quiz Questions and Answers
From audio to video, for this penultimate round of Easter trivia fare, we go to the big (and small) screen, diving headfirst into Easter-related films and TV series just before the proverbial curtain falls on this incredible Easter quiz…
1. Complete the title of the Peanuts animated special: “It’s the Easter _____, Charlie Brown”
2. Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins both won Oscars for which 1992 film?
3. What is the one-word title of a 2018 comedy starring Alysia Reinier about the complexities of surrogacy?
4. What is the title of Mel Gibson’s 2004 take on the Easter story?
5. Vianne Rocher and her daughter arrive in a small French town and open a business that has surprising impact on the locals. This is the plot of which movie starring Juliette Binoche?
6. Andrew Lincoln played a character called Egg in which British 90s TV classic?
7. Which long running British TV Quiz Show takes its name from a slang term for very clever people?
8. Robert Powell, Laurence Olivier and Ian McShane starred in which 1973 movie about the life of Christ?
9. What was the title of the American TV series that aired on ABC in 2014-15 about residents of Arcadia, Missouri who returned to life?
10. The Irish TV miniseries Rebellion recounts the events of which 1916 insurrection?
You have to read: Entertainment, film and TV quiz questions and answers
Easter Film & TV Quiz Answers
- The Silence of the Lambs
- The Passion of the Christ
- This Life
- Jesus of Nazareth
- The Easter Rising
Easter Food & Drink Quiz Questions and Answers
From ‘butter lambs’ in Russia to the world’s biggest Easter omelette in France, Easter around the globe can be celebrated in slightly different ways. So, for this final stab at topping the Easter points table, we see how much you (and your quizzers) know about Easter food from every corner of the world.
1. What is the name of the sweet buns traditionally eaten on Good Friday in many English-speaking countries?
2. In which country are Pashka (a desert) and Kulich (a bread) traditionally eaten at Easter?
3. Maundy Thursday is known as Grünndonnerstag in Germany and it is traditional to eat food of which colour?
4. In which country would you most likely fined a torta pasqualina, a savoury pie made with spinach, cheese and eggs?
5. What is the name of the traditional Easter Sunday fruitcake made with marzipan and crowned with a circle of eggs?
6. In which country would you find tsoureki, an Easter bread flavoured with cherry and decorated with red hard-boiled eggs to symbolise the blood of Christ?
7. Colomba di Pasqua is an Italian Easter bread, shaped like which bird?
8. In which country is it traditional to eat the bread pudding capirotada on Good Friday. It is said that the bread symbolises the body of Christ, the cinnamon symbolizes the wooden cross and the cloves symbolize the nails.
9. Sweet, deep-fried and particularly eaten at Easter in Spain, what sort of food are rosquillas?
10. In which country would you most likely be eating the peanut-flavoured sweet treat known as paçoca de amendoim?
Recommended Reading: Ultimate food pub quiz questions
Easter Food & Drink Quiz Answers
- Hot Cross buns
- Russia (accept other former soviet states such as Ukraine)
- Green (Grünndonnerstag means Green Thursday)
- Simnel Cake
- A dove
And, just like that, the Easter quiz is done! Do you have an eggs-pert in your midst? Or, like your favourite egg, are some of your contestants feeling a bit hollow inside. Regardless of the results we hope you’ve really enjoyed our take on an Easter pub quiz – if not, drop us a comment below!
Want to save this for later? Why not pin it…