Interested in the obscure? Enamoured with knock knock jokes? Or just love a parade of puns? Whatever your tickles your funny bone, if you’re looking for the perfect pub quiz that veers into the peculiar, we’ve got you covered in this: our curated collection of 100 funny pub quiz questions and answers!
Perhaps you’re running a virtual pub quiz on Skype, House Party or Zoom, or you’re actually in a cosy corner of a real-life bar, your comical contestants all gathered round. Whatever your format, we’ve pulled together ten rounds of quirky quiz questions, with a whole heap unusual yet entertaining trivia questions to make any quiz night a singular success.
So, without further ado, let the hilarity ensue… 👇
Funny 50/50 Quiz Questions and Answers
Ready to get cracking? In this first round we keep it simple, in a 50/50 round where – you guessed it – you’ve got a 50% chance of getting the answer right. Just pick wisely…
1. Who said he could drive the devil away with a fart – Martin Luther or Martin Luther King?
2. What colour is an aeroplane’s black box – black or orange?
3. What is mentioned in more Beatles songs – love or the weather?
4. What did Ancient Egyptian women use as contraception – crocodile dung or bandages?
5. What is the offspring of a Zebra and a Donkey called – a Deborah or a Zonkey?
6. What is Scooby Doo’s full name – Scoobert Doo or Albert Doo?
7. Who was afraid of mice – Walt Disney or Beatrix Potter?
8. What did Henry VIII tax in 1535 – beards or pubic hair?
9. What freezes faster – Hot water or cold water?
10. What kills the most fruit flies – diarrhoea or constipation?
Recommended reading: 100 easy general knowledge quiz questions and answers
Funny 50/50 Quiz Answers
- Martin Luther
- The weather
- Crocodile dung
- A zonkey
- Scoobert Doo
- Walt Disney
- Hot water
No way! Brits love talking about the weather… but turns out our most famous band loved singing about it too! 16% of Beatles songs mention the weather (48 out of 308)…
It’s a cracker! Funny Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Perhaps veering more into quips than a straightforward quiz, in this set of ten funny pub quiz questions we ask you to supply the punchline to these classic gags:
1. What do you get if you cross a sheep and a kangaroo?
2. What do you call a fish with no eyes?
3. What do you call a bear without any teeth?
4. What is at the bottom of the ocean and shivers with anxiety?
5. What time should you go to the dentist?
6. What’s E.T. short for?
7. Why is 6 afraid of 7?
8. Why did the scarecrow win a Nobel prize?
9. What is the pig’s best karate move?
10. What do you get if lie down well under a cow?
Liked some of these animal-related funny questions? Check out our animal quiz questions and answers
It’s a cracker! Funny Pub Quiz Answers
- a woolly jumper
- A Fsh
- A gummy bear
- A nervous wreck
- 2:30 (tooth hurty)
- Because he’s got little legs
- Because 7 8 9
- He was outstanding in his field
- The pork chop
- A pat on the head
Obscure Quiz Questions and Answers
Like to marvel at the macabre? Interested in quiz questions that are a little ironic? Let’s see how you, and your participants, do in this round with some of the more cryptic, and often absurd quiz questions:
1. “I told you I was ill” is carved on the gravestone of which British comedian and cast member of The Goon Show?
2. Who was the first US President to be elected with a criminal record?
3. Appropriately, or perhaps unfortunately, in which town in the UK is the Dyslexia Research Trust based?
4. Which highly successful product is sold in a hyperbolic paraboloid container?
5. How is the Synthetic Personnel Using Dialectic Substitution project, in which Boeing use potatoes to test Wi-Fi functionality on aircraft, known?
6. What substance makes up 60% of the brain?
7. Appropriately, or perhaps unfortunately, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of what?
8. What was briefly know as New Orange, after it was captured from the English by the Dutch in 1673?
9. Which classic children’s book came about when the editor bet the author that he could not write a book using fewer than 50 different words?
10. Who owns all the swans in England?
Obscure Quiz Answers
- Spike Milligan
- George W Bush
- Long words
- New York
- Green Eggs and Ham
- The Queen
Interesting Fact! George W Bush’s offences were drunk driving, stealing a wreath from a hotel and tearing down football goalposts… sound like he had fun at university!
More Obscure and Funny Trivia Questions
Loved the previous round? There’s more where that came from! From little-known Disney trivia to a foray into American politics (surely the funniest subject out there?), here are ten more obscure (but definitely chortle-inducing) funny pub quiz questions:
1. Which famous cartoon character’s real first name is Minerva?
2. How many times did Sherlock Holmes say “Elementary, my dear Watson” in total across all the books by Arthur Conan Doyle?
3. According to government press releases, which world leader bowled a perfect 300 game on his first attempt, struck 11 holes in one on one round of golf and could drive at the age of three?
4. What is the longest gap between the birth of twins? 87 minutes, 87 hours or 87 days?
5. Female kangaroos have as many vaginas as octopuses have hearts. How many?
6. In which country are the only cashpoints in the world that can be used in Latin?
7. What phrase is inscribed on the tombstone of Mel Blanc, best known for voicing a famous cartoon character?
8. Golfer Phil Mickelson is known unaffectionate on the tour as FIGJAM, a reference to his readiness to publicise his own ability. What does FIGJAM stand for?
9. In which Olympic sport might you jerk and snatch?
10. Which US President ran 6 companies that went bankrupt, fought at Wrestlemania 23 and, whilst at school, punched his music teacher in the face?
Recommended Reading: Our ultimate fun quiz questions and answers
More Obscure and Funny Trivia Answers
- Minnie Mouse
- Kim Jong Un
- 87 days
- The Vatican City
- That’s All Folks (he was the voice of Bugs Bunny)
- F*ck I’m Good, Just Ask Me
- Donald Trump Jr
Amazingly, Trump won the Republican nomination and was then elected President by the American people in 2016…
Name Jokes – Funny Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
What do you call a man with a spade on his head? Doug. 😁
Yup, we’re back in Dad Joke territory, with this round focussed on some of the most famous ‘name’ jokes, all perfect for an off-the-wall pub quiz.
1. What do you call a man without a spade on his head?
2. What do you call a woman covered in snails?
3. What do you call a man with no shins?
4. What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?
5. What do you call a woman with one leg?
6. What do you call a man hiding in a pile of leaves?
7. What do you call a woman that warms you up?
8. What do you call a woman who looks like a little onion?
9. What do you call a man with no hair?
10. What do you call a man who floats around in the water?
Name Jokes – Funny Pub Quiz Answers
Recommended Reading: Food and Drinks Trivia
Knock Knock, Who’s There? Jokes – Funny Pub Quiz Questions
We couldn’t publish a prank-inspired quiz without an entire round of ten questions dedicated to the simple art of the Knock Knock joke, right? So, here you go! We move into the second half of this epic quiz night with ten of the best Knock Knock jokes, for the real jesters amongst your entrants.
1. Nobel. Nobel Who?
2. Cow says. Cow says who?
3. Luke. Luke who?
4. Lettuce. Lettuce who?
5. Police. Police who?
6. Tank. Tank Who?
7. Europe. Europe Who?
8. Honey Bee. Honey Bee who?
9. Spell. Spell who?
10. Icy. Icy who?
We think you’d like: 100 of the best maths quiz questions
Knock Knock, Who’s There? Jokes – Funny Pub Quiz Answers
- There was Nobel – that’s why I knocked
- No, a cow says moo
- Luke through the peep hole and find out
- Lettuce in
- Police let me in – It’s cold
- You’re welcome
- Don’t call me that!
- Honey, Bee a dear for me and get the door
- I see you through the letterbox
Lie or Law? Funny Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Did you know that in Milan, Italy, it’s illegal to frown in public? Well, unless you’re at a funeral of visiting someone in hospital that is. And that in Switzerland the law states that you can’t flush the toilet after 10pm, if you’re in an apartment building?
There are some weird and wacky laws out there, particularly in the USA. So, for this round, we ask your quizzers to guess: Is it a law? Or is it a lie?
1. It is illegal for liquor stores in Kansas to sell milk?
2. It is illegal to fall asleep with your shoes on in North Dakota?
3. In Kansas, it is illegal to shoot a rabbit from a motorboat?
4. It is against the law in Nebraska to cut the grass in your garden with a knife and fork?
5. In Texas, it is illegal to milk another person’s cow?
6. It is illegal to wear sandals with socks in the state of Arizona?
7. In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church?
8. In California, it is illegal for a woman to drive wearing a housecoat?
9. It is illegal to buy or sell second-hand jumpers in New Jersey?
10. In the state of New York, the crime of jumping off the roof of a tall building is punishable by death?
Recommended Quiz: 100 easy movie trivia questions and answers
Lie or Law? Funny Pub Quiz Answers
Name the Sitcom… Funny TV Quiz Questions and Answers
Whether it’s the odd antics of The Office (yes, the UK or US versions!), or older scenes from iconic sitcoms like Seinfeld or Golden Girls, there’s no doubt that TV sitcoms have provided their fair share of laughs over the decades. Which makes them perfect fodder for this funny quiz!
Here are ten funny quiz questions all about TV sitcoms:
1. Which eponymous TV sitcom character had kids called Becky, Darlene and D.J.?
2. Where did Woody, Coach, Diane, Sam and Rebecca all work?
3. Which title character lived in an apartment across the hall from Cosmo Kramer?
4. Which show begins with George Bluth Sr being taken into custody?
5. Potsie Weber and Ralph Malph are Richie’s two friends in which show?
6. Which show centres on the tribulations of sketch writer Liz Lemon?
7. Which classic sitcom starred Christopher Lloyd, Danny DeVito, Tony Danza and Andy Kaufman?
8. Which Robin Williams sitcom, in which he played an alien, was a spin off from Happy Days?
9. Carla Tortelli, Cliff Clavin and Norm Peterson all appear as guest characters in a season 9 episode of which long running spin off sitcom?
10. How was the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital referred to in the title of a Korean War sitcom?
Name the Sitcom… Funny TV Quiz Answers
- Arrested Development
- Happy Days
- 30 Rock
- Mork and Mindy
Funny Movie Lines – Quiz Questions
From the small tube to the silver screen, it’s time to turn your players’ attention to the marvel of the movies, and recount some of the funny lines from blockbuster films. Let’s test their film trivia knowledge by delivering the funny famous line and asking: ‘Which film is it from?’
1. We hold the world to ransom for… One Million Dollars! (Dr. Evil after waking from cryogenic freezing)
2. That rug really tied the room together (Walter to Donny and The Dude)
3. I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley (Dr. Rumack responding to “Surely you can’t be serious”)
4. That’s what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. (David Wooderson)
5. That’s a bold strategy, Cotton, let’s see if it pays off (Commentator Pepper Brooks to Cotton McKnight)
6. I’ll have what she’s having (Unnamed customer to waitress)
7. It’s just a flesh wound! (The Black Knight to King Arthur)
8. These go to eleven (Nigel Tufnel to Marty DiBergi)
9. She gave me a load of crap about not listening to her or something, I dunno, I wasn’t really paying attention. (Harry to Lloyd)
10. Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed. (Carrie to Charles)
Want more movie trivia? Check out our list of 90s movie trivia questions and answers
Funny Movie Lines – Quiz Answers
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- The Big Lebowski
- Dazed and Confused
- When Harry Met Sally
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- This is Spinal Tap
- Dumb and Dumber
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
Have you ever noticed? As a nod to the classic film, the volume setting on BBC iPlayer also goes up to 11.
Funny Rude Quiz Questions and Answers
We kept the best until last. For the final, ultimate round we’ve put together ten slightly saucy pub quiz questions, trivia that veers more towards the vulgar than your typical garden variety virtual quiz!
1. Which is the only legal sexual position in the state of Florida?
2. Fed up of tourists stopping for photos and occasionally stealing its sign, from what did the German village of Fugging change its name in 2020?
3. What common bathroom noise has pointless research shown to be most commonly in the key of E Flat?
4. If we were able to utilise every individual sperm effectively, how many men would it take to impregnate every woman in the world?
5. What was removed from Napoleon Bonaparte and displayed in a museum before being sold for $2,700 in the 1970s?
6. Who had a number one hit in the 90s with Chocolate Salty Balls?
7. In which game might you use the terms “cock”, “shot” and “beaver”?
8. The NZ cricket team are called the Black Caps and the basketball team are called the Tall Blacks. How were the badminton team known from 2004-2005 before dropping the name under pressure from the IBF?
9. The makers of a haemorrhoid cream approached the estate of Johnny Cash for permission to use which song in its advertisements?
10. Which word beginning with C and ending in T is hairy on the outside and wet and delicious on the inside?
Need more questions? All the best music trivia questions and answers
Silly Maths Quiz Answers
- The missionary position
- Toilet Flush
- His penis
- Chef from South Park (Isaac Hayes)
- The Black Cocks
- Ring of Fire
- A coconut of course – what were you thinking?
Fun fact. Men produce an estimated 525 billion sperm cells in a lifetime.
What did you think of our funny (and a little bit naughty) questions for a pub quiz? Let us know if we’ve missed a trick or you think we’re missing an absolute cracker of a question. You can simply leave us a comment below or, get in touch!
Want to save this for later? Why not pin it…