Can you tell your Bunsen burner from your beaker? Are you in your chemical element (sorry for the pun) creating science quiz questions? Well you’re in the right place since we’ve scoured the science textbooks to put together the ultimate list of 100 science pub quiz questions and answers, all perfect for a real pub quiz or even a virtual one hosted on Zoom, House Party or Skype.
Are your contestants not biology boffins? It might be worth trying to do a few of these rounds as Picture Rounds, so that they have a chance to score on even some of the more difficult science knowledge quiz questions.
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Physics Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Whether its headscratching questions about space, or more obscure ones about energy, it’s worth starting your trivia quiz night with ten of the best physics science questions:
1. What’s short for ‘light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation’?
2. Where is gravity stronger, earth or the moon?
3. True or false? Iron is attracted by magnets.
4. Ohms measure what?
5. How many planets are in our solar system?
6. How many colours can be seen when white light is separated?
7. Infrared light has a wavelength that is too long or short to be visible for humans?
8. When can a sonic boom be heard?
9. Metals expand when heated and do what when cooled?
10. What is the hardest natural substance on in the world?
Recommended: Our favourite fun quiz questions
Physics Pub Quiz Answers
- Electric resistance
- 8; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Pluto is not a planet.
- 7; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
- Too long
- When the speed of sound is surpassed
Maths and Science Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Start your second round of this epic science pub quiz by taking your participants back to the classroom. Yup, it’s everyone’s favourite subject: Maths! Here are ten good science questions related to mathematics:
1. What is the perimeter of a circle called?
2. What is the name of the part of mathematics in which letters and other general symbols are used to represent numbers and quantities in formulae and equations?
3. How many sides does a heptagon have?
4. What do the internal angles of a triangle add up to?
5. What do the internal angles of a square add up to?
6. What is the name given to the branch of mathematics that deals with the relations of the sides and angles of triangles, and with the relevant functions of any angles?
7. What is the name of the branch of mathematics concerned with the properties and relations of points, lines, surfaces, solids, and higher dimensional analogues?
8. Which is longer, 3 kilometres or 2 miles?
9. How many grams are there in a pound?
10. How many millilitres are there in a fluid pint?
Maths and Science Pub Quiz Answers
- 180 degrees
- 360 degrees
- 2 miles (by only 218.69m)
- 568 ml
Biology Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
The time around, deliver a slightly easier round, all related to biology. Here are ten simple science trivia questions all focussed on biology.
1. What is botany the study of?
2. What does an ornithologist study?
3. Which trees use pinecones to hold their seeds?
4. What is the name of the natural home or environment of an animal, plant, or other organism?
5. What are the small bones that make up a backbone called?
6. Name of the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.
7. What is made by white blood cells to help fight off infection?
8. What vitamin does the sun’s ultraviolet rays help the skin produce?
9. Animals which eat both plants and other animals are known as what?
10. What is a young bear called?
Next round for your quiz… The best sports quiz questions and answers
Biology Pub Quiz Answers
- It’s habitat
- Vitamin D
- A cub
Animal Quiz Questions and Answers
We all love animals, right? Those cuddly cats and elegant elephants are perfect fodder for a nature and science pub quiz round! You might even be able to use some of these as nature and science quiz questions for kids!
1. Which is the biggest of big cats?
2. What is arachnophobia the fear of?
3. Which is the largest primate?
4. What is the lightest mammal on earth?
5. What is meaning of nocturnal?
6. True or false, Guppy fish give birth to live fish rather than eggs?
7. What is the fastest fish on earth?
8. How many species of elephant are there?
9. What is the tallest animal in the world?
10. What is the heaviest fish on earth?
More great questions: 100 epic music quiz questions and answers
Animal Quiz Round Answers
- The tiger
- The Bumblebee Bat
- Active at night as opposed as to the day
- Three; African Bush, African Forest and Asian
- Whale shark
No way! The heaviest specimen of Whale Shark ever found (in March 1994) weighed 36,000 kg. The Whale Shark also has the thickest skin of any animal, and can measure up to 6 inches (15 cm) on the back.
Chemistry Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Go back into the lab, and test (get it?) their knowledge of everything from the periodic table to obscure chemistry processes with these ten mole-cool 😊 science questions about chemistry:
1. What is the chemical equation for water?
2.What is the only metal that is a liquid at room temperature?
3. What is the first element on the periodic table?
4. What orbits the nucleus of an atom?
5. Ag is the chemical symbol for which element?
6. What is the name of the process where iron is coated with zinc?
7. Bronze is an alloy of which two metals?
8. What is the chemical symbol for Helium?
9. Who created the periodic table?
10. What is the chemical symbol for salt?
Chemistry Pub Quiz Answers
- Tin and copper
- Dmitri Mendeleev
Did you know? The average adult human body contains 250g salt.
Technology Quiz Questions and Answers
How do you think your contestants are on their technology knowledge? Do they know their IBMs from their Macs, and their Samsungs from their Nokias? Then the below techology quiz questions could be right up their alley, so here are 10 questions to test them on all things tech:
1. Which mobile phone brand featured the popular game snake?
2. What does IBM stand for?
3. Jeff Bezos is CEO and President of which online retailer?
4. What science fiction writer wrote the three laws of robotics?
5. Which brothers invented the aeroplane?
6. What does LG stand for in LG Electronics?
7. What is an HCG test otherwise known as?
8. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Explorer are types of what?
9. What is the name of the classic 1972 arcade game based on table tennis?
10. What does GPS stand for?
Want more questions? 100 great food trivia questions and answers
Technology Quiz Round Answers
- International Business Machines
- Isaac Asimov
- The Wright Brothers – Orville and Wilbur
- Pregnancy tests. It is based on a detectable increase in human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the blood.
- Internet browsers
- Global positioning system
Nature Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
We love geography and nature pub quizzes, so we hope your contestants are fond of them too. With that in mind, we’ve put together 10 cracking questions that you can use in a science and nature quiz round:
1. What is the world’s largest reef system?
2. Which islands west of Ecuador were studied by Charles Darwin to increase his knowledge?
3. Which is the world’s deepest ocean?
4. Seismology is the study of what?
5. In which mountain chain would you find Mount Everest?
6. Pure gold is how many carats?
7. Which is the largest sea on the planet?
8. In which country is the Lut Desert located?
9. Igneous rocks are generally associated with which natural phenomenon?
10. Which type of tree is the largest in the world?
Why not try out some of these Animal Quiz Questions…
Nature Pub Quiz Answers
- Great Barrier Reef
- Galapagos Islands
- The Himalayas
- The Mediterranean. It spans an area of 1,144,800 square miles (2,965,800 sq km)
- Iran. And incidentally, the Lut Desert is the hottest place on earth!
- Giant Sequoia
Interesting Fact: The largest tree in the world is a Giant Sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) in California’s Sequoia National Park. The tree is even named… and General Sherman is about 52,500 cubic feet (1,487 cubic meters) in volume, and is thought to weigh almost 2 million kg!
Space Quiz Questions and Answers
From the moment Armstrong stepped foot on the moon, the world has been even more fascinated by space and the planets. Shoot your contestants into virtual orbit with these 10 ultimate science quiz questions about the universe:
1. Who was first man in space?
2. Who was the second person to walk on the moon?
3. What year was Pluto reclassified as a dwarf planet?
4. Which is the smallest planet in the solar system?
5. What was Sputnik?
6. How many planets in the solar system have rings?
7. How long does it take for light to travel from the sun to the earth?
8. What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
9. What is the biggest planet in solar system?
10. What is the coldest planet in the solar system?
Space Quiz Answers
- Yuri Gagarin
- Buzz Aldrin
- The first satellite to enter space
- Four, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune
- Eight minutes
Computer Quiz Questions and Answers
It’s the penultimate round of your science pub quiz, so you’ll need to concoct something pretty special to provide that finishing flourish. Make it a technological look back in time, with these 10 good science questions about computers:
1. What is the name of the IBM computer that made news by beating world chess champion Garry Kasparov in 1997?
2. Who is regarded as the first computer programmer through her work with Charles Babbage?
3. Who appeared on the British £50 note in 2018?
4. 1,000,000 bytes is also known as?
5. What does PDF stand for?
6. Vint Cerf is credited with inventing what?
7. What does JPEG stand for?
8. Tim Berners-Lee is credited with inventing what?
9. When did Apple sell their first computer?
10. According to Alexa and SimilarWeb, the homepage of which site is the most popular site in the world?
Computer Quiz Round Answers
- Deep Blue
- Ada Lovelace
- Alan Turing
- 1 megabyte
- Portable Document Format
- The internet
- Joint Photographic Experts Group
- World wide web
Fun Fact: According to SearchEngineLand, Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day. That’s around 5.4 billion a day.
Human Body Quiz Questions and Answers
It’s come to an end; the final round of 10 science trivia questions for adults. And what better way to end it, than to have them tickling their own funny bones and frantically surveying themselves in this tenth and final round of our bumper science pub quiz, all dedicated to the human body.
1. Where in human body would you find the hammer, anvil and stirrup?
2. How many bones are found in a human adult?
3. Another name for your voice box is the?
4. The food pipe is also known as what?
5. What is the largest muscle inhuman body?
6. What is the hardest substance in the human body?
7. What substance are nails made of?
8. Where in human body would you find the quadricep muscles?
9. What is the smallest muscle in the human body?
10. What is the human body’s largest organ?
Recommended Reading: All the ultimate arts and literature quiz questions
Human Body Quiz Answers
- The (middle) ear
- The oesophagus
- Gluteus maximus
- Tooth enamel
- At top and front of the thigh
- Stapedius (also in the middle ear)
- Our skin
Fun Fact: Skin is the human body’s largest organ. The average adult carries some 8 pounds (or 3.6 kilograms) and 22 square feet (2 square meters) of it.
So, what did you think of our Science Pub Quiz Questions and Answers? Any science general knowledge questions that got a zero score?
Did we miss any key questions off the list? Please do get in touch or just drop a note in the comments below!
Want to save this for later? Why not pin it…